So…I kinda took a blog break.
I’m ready to come back again. In fact, I’ve been ready to come back for a little while, but I couldn’t figure out what to write for my “Come Back Entry” (What? Britney gets to do a “Comeback”all the time, why can’t I?) It’s been over three weeks since I’ve posted, my reader says there are 1000+ unread posts. (I guess after a certain point Reader just gives up and stops counting.)
Anyways, my Facebook account has been getting a little busy. (I haven’t really explored it enough to “get it” but I’m trying. Come be my friend!) I was tagged by both Stephanie and Tylor to do 25 Random things about me. I thought I’d double dip and use it as a post here too. (Whew, now that the “comeback” pressure is over, I can worry about writing a real post!)
25 Random Things About Me (which is a lot more work than the 7 Random things that bloggers tag each other with)
1. I have “monkey toes”. I can pick up nearly anything with my feet.
2. I’m really good at pinching with them too. (not that I would ever pinch anyone…)
3. My girlfriend and I are working towards opening a bakery. We had decent sales for Christmas despite not having a storefront or website (working on that), no advertising and being snowed in.
4. My family really likes it when I experiment with different recipes. 🙂
5. The little “bubble game” that I found on my phone fascinates me.
6. I don’t like to watch tv.
7. We have five cats. This is a direct result of my favorite cat disappearing…Shaun just laughed every time a new kitten came home with me. When I finally came to my senses and asked Shaun why he didn’t stop me, he just replied that he really liked baby kitties.
8. Noise irritates me. I get really antsy and out of sorts if I don’t get my “quiet time”.
9. I have the loudest family imaginable. I’m not quite sure how that happened.
10. I often wonder if there is a bewildered woman out there somewhere gazing on her quiet little family in wondering why they can’t be bothered to make even a little noise. I feel for her.
11. I have a really hard time mailing things. I can have things ready to go and just not send it.
12. I’m really, really grateful for online banking.
13. When I was in high school, I turned my nose up a job offer to work with two year olds. I thought they were still too dumb to talk to.
14. Now I work with preschoolers and have a blast.
15. I can’t roll my tongue. I felt horrible because everyone else I knew could do it. I was so relieved when I found out that it was genetic in high school. (why didn’t anyone tell me that I wasn’t a mutant before that??)
16. I haven’t blogged in over three weeks. I’m amused that I feel so guilty about that.
17. I often have around 50 books checked out from the library at the same time. Right now, I only have 32 checked out. (but six of my holds have come in!)
18. I realized I was nearing 70 when I finally asked the librarian what the limit was. I was pretty sure I had run into some sort of glitch. I hadn’t, the limit it 100 books.
19. When I get interested in something, I like to read all about it. Sometimes I go online, pick a subject and start putting holds on books that appeal to me. Then the library gets them all ready for me. I like this nearly as much as I like online banking.
20. I don’t like to buy anything online though. I can’t touch it.
21. I’m very into texture. Shaun nearly didn’t go out with me a second time because of the way I ate a hamburger. (I get a little messy)
22. Fortunately for all involved, I fascinated him.
23. I still do. 🙂
24. I teach a parent/child cooking class. I only have a microwave to cook with. I’ve had to get really inventive with this. The kids all have fun and the parents are highly impressed. (I usually have waiting lists to get in my class) I personally think microwaved foods are icky.
25. I used to feel sorry for my mom because she was the only one in our immediate family that had blue eyes…everyone else had brown ones.
26. Now I’m the only one in my family that has brown eyes. I don’t mind at all.
27. I’m not Irish. (not even a little!)
28. Obviously, I can’t count.
And a big HUGE thank you to Pam for the Lemonade Award!
See you tomorrow!