I had grand plans of writing something profound for this first day of the new year. But…well, nothing was coming to me. So, in lieu of profound, I’m going for slightly silly with this meme that I found floating around on the web. Please forgive me!
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Um….I got a facial piercing. Yeah…I’m still a bit in shock over that one…
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I don’t really make New Year’s Resolutions. It seems like such a silly thing to do. Of course, making a list of 45 or so things for my birthday isn’t silly. Not that I did it last year, but I have high hopes for this year!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My niece Tomi gave me a brand new grand-niece! (Yes, she did it just for me!)
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Wow…I can’t think of anything. Isn’t that wonderful?
6. What countries did you visit?
I went to California. Some folks think that counts as a foreign place.
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? 8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? 9. What was your biggest failure?
(I bunched all three of those together because they have pretty much the same answer.) *crickets*
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I fell down the stairs outside our house. Again. Sigh…
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A vacuum sealer for Shaun. He loves it and I love him.
12. Where did most of your money go?
We have a child in college. ‘Nuff said.
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Well, I don’t know if it’s a three “really,” but I was pretty happy that Costco took back my almost two year old Keurig that abruptly died on me.
14. What song will always remind you of 2011?
I don’t know that it’s specifically 2011…but Magical Trevor is constantly running through my head. And All the Single Ladies. It drives me nuts, but the side benefit is that it drives Shaun even more nutty when I’m always singing it.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier
ii. thinner or fatter? About the same
iii. richer or poorer? Did you see #12 up there? Definitely poorer!
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Write. And bake. Two things I love to do and just…didn’t.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worry about things needlessly.
18. Did you fall in love in 2011?
I don’t think my husband would approve.
19. How many one-night stands?
I REALLY don’t think my husband would approve.
20. What was your favorite TV program?
I’m not really into TV shows. ***GASP***
21. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
As my father always said, “Hate is an awfully strong word.”
22. What was the best book you read?
I have NO idea. I read an awful lot of books, but I’m pretty bad about keeping track of them.
23. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I discovered that after years of trying, my oldest daughter learned to whistle. Something I still can’t do.
24. What did you want and get?
Well…I didn’t want a puppy, but I got one and I adore her
25. What was your favorite film of this year?
Films are like TV, only longer.
26. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
That was almost a year ago and I’m old. You don’t really expect me to remember that do you?
27. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A maid. I could really use maid. And a personal assistant. And a masseuse. And…well, you get the idea.
28. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Wow…I have a “personal fashion concept?” Do jeans and a tee shirt count?
33. What kept you sane?
Who says I’m sane? Certainly not my family!
34. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
Um…always expect the unexpected.
34. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: From Noah and the Whale’s 5 Years Time
Oh well I look at you and say
It’s the happiest that I’ve ever been
And I’ll say I no longer feel I have to be James Dean
And she’ll say
Yah well I feel all pretty happy too
And I’m always pretty happy when I’m just kicking back with you
Oh there’ll be love love love
Wherever you go
There’ll be love love love
Wherever you go
Hmmmm…..well, that was interesting. Maybe I should’ve gone over this before I started it. Have a wonderful, love filled 2012!